Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jesus, teach me how to love

More pictures (and a video...whoa :)

Me and Sarah on a break in class
I'm learning how to be a guilt-free mother lol!  This book is actually written by Dr. Slattery, the woman I'm interning for.  It's actually really good :)
Also during a break in class - notice the signs that say "Soli Deo Gloria!"  What a great reminder that all that we learn is for the glory of God alone.
What we do all the time - read :D  Isn't the apt. cute?
Sometimes we like to get comfy when we read...but then we usually fall asleep
Happy one week anniversary of knowing each other to me and my roomies (this was actually a week ago, so now we've known each other for two whole weeks!)!  We had cupcakes and share time...wow, we are such girls.

This post will be short - because I'm feeling slightly ADD right now :).  Probably because I have been sitting in class and trying to drink out of the fire-hose of knowledge.  I just want to say, I've been learning so much about what love really means since being here at Focus.  God has sort of been taking me on a journey - how am I supposed to know what it means to love if I don't understand God's love?

The Lord led me to 1 Corinthians 13 the other day, and had been go through each attribute of love write down what it looks like to practice that in my life towards my friends and family.    It then dawned on me that God is love, so each attribute that is mentioned is who God is.  It really struck me.  I fall so short of His character and his love - I realize how selfish I am.  I guess what I'm asking of the Lord is that he would use me as a vessel for His love, because I can't conjure up this kind of love in my heart.  

Oh man.  So many lessons - for anyone who reads my blog  regularly, thank you for going on this journey with me :).  So much truth is being poured into me right now, I'm a little overwhelmed.  But I hope that what I'm learning is some encouragement to you!




1 comment:

Ash Hope said...

Wow! What a sweet time of fellowship and growth we experienced! I love that you documented this special time, Becks!
Love you!