Thursday, November 12, 2009

Changes...

Well...seeing it's been way too long since I've written on my blog, I figure a little update is in order:

I am back at school in Tennessee and the last of the autumn leaves are falling off the branches.  It's such a wonderful time to be here - Bryan is in a valley so on either side the hills are just on fire and it is so beautiful. But as with every season - change must come, and I feel the tug of winter's wind as I walk outside now.  Pretty soon all the leaves will be gone, which will usher in one of my favorite times of the year - Christmas time!  

The semester only has five more weeks left in it and crunch time is upon me (funny how I'm writing in my blog during crunch time...) papers, projects, and final assignments are piling up, but I'm managing to keep my head above water :)

I am looking intensely toward the future right now - I'm graduating in May of 2010!!!  I've been really wrestling with what it means to know the will of God and how to walk in obedience - especially when there are big decisions ahead with no clear direction in sight.

Someone who has been such an encourager and such an amazing blessing in my life during this time is my boyfriend, Jake.  I met him last semester at the Focus on the Family Institute - and can I just say, most amazing young man I've ever met.  His heart is so hard after God, he's such an encourager, and he really pushes me to ask the hard questions as I journey through this transitional year.  I am so thankful for the blessing he is in my life.

Jake and Me :)


I am so thankful that our God is faithful when we are so faithless.  My heart desires intimacy with my King, but so often I fall short of seeking Him with the passion that I desire to.  I want my life to be a continual journey of knowing Him and being transformed into his image.  Life is so good - and such an adventure.  

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Becky! You guys are sooooo cute!!!!!!! That is such a great picture :)

Ash Hope said...

"I am so thankful that our God is faithful when we are so faithless. "

Love that, Becks!!! Love you!

Oh, I also really like the posting during crunch time! ;) That's when I do my best cleaning and organizing and creative things as well! (In other words, avoiding the necessary!)

sarah emily lyons. said...

i love it :)