Monday, July 20, 2009

Artwork!


Remember this picture?

When I was at Focus, I had a favorite Starbucks I would go to that had a fantastic view of the Rocky Mountains.  It's where I would go to journal, read, think, or hang out with friends.  This particular Starbucks showcased a lot of local artists' work, including the picture below.  I loved it so much for it's simplicity and the colors, so I took a picture of it and posted it on this blog.

Fast-forward to the end of the semester: I decided to buy a canvas to create a piece of artwork that encapsulated my time at Focus.  I was hoping to make the piece artwork before I left FFI, but things just got too busy.  So here I am, at home, the summer's coming to an end, and I realize I still have a blank canvas.

As I was trying to think of what my inspiration should be for my artwork, my mind went back to the painting in Starbucks.  And I went from there!

The original had words that had little meaning to me, so while the picture is very similar to the original, the words are my own.  The first picture is the original in Starbucks, and the last is my finished product!







At Focus, we learned that God is Truth - he is Ultimate Reality.  He is the source of life - everything in this world springs from Him.  If we have our roots firmly established in Truth, then we can obey Jesus' command in John 15:6 to "go and bear fruit."  My time at Focus was very equipping, and now this picture will always remind me to take what I've learned, the Truth that I've gained, and go and bear fruit.  While at the same time reminding me of my beloved Colorado Springs Starbucks :)  

It's been a while since I've created art like this, so I see a lot of room for improvement.  But now that I've gotten back into it, I'm inspired to do more.  

1 comment:

James Holt said...

Becky!

I. Love. This.

What a cool way to remember our time at focus. And i love how you recorded the different steps of the process. Very cool Becky. You're awesome.