Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Time flies when you are having fun...or are just super busy :)

As of today, I have entered into the blogging world again. After spending an amazing summer of doing missions in Slovakia and blogging every week, I discovered how amazingly refreshing it is to once a week recap what I am learning, what God is teaching me and other random happenings - not just for my own enjoyment, but for the enjoyment of others too.

Did I mention that I'm taking 19 units this semester?

I am crazy...I know. I'm doing this weird thing called double majoring - and I won't explain why. The story is so very long and arduous. But to make a long, arduous story short - my two majors are Biblical Studies and Corporate Communications. I love so much everything that I am learning, but I have to work ever so hard to learn it. It will be so worth it in the end, and it is even so worth it now :)

In one of my classes called "Personal Leadership" (it's about how to lead your personal life... :) We have been learning about the doctrine of vocation as it appears in the Bible. Vocation literally means "calling". I realized that my calling right now is to be a student. I desire to use what I am learning to help people in the hear and now - and maybe this blog can be a platform for that.

But - since you are all my friends and family, I also want to keep everyone posted on what is going on in my life - general happenings and funny events. I realized this past week (I'm not sure why I didn't realize this before) that I like to laugh more...alot more...than the average person. I seem to find humor in things that other people don't find funny at all...so I will use this blog as an outlet for the tons of the funny things that come across my path during the week - and maybe it will illicit a laugh or two out of you, if I'm lucky :)

Like the title of this post states, time is flying past me at the speed of sound in these college days. I am having fun - which is factoring into that - but I am also just so busy. God teaches me so much in my fast paced days - one of which is to slow down. He is teaching me so much about His grace - and it is amazing. It sounds so cliche, but I am really learning about God's grace for the first time. At least just now starting to understand it.

I love you all and I hope you are doing well! It is my hope that this blog helps me feel more connected to you and vice a versa.

2 comments:

It's A Wonderful Life said...

Yeah! We are both in the blogging world!!! I'm so excited! I had refused to do a blog this whole time, but now I am excited that I did! Love ya sis! Toodles!

The Porter Family said...

Oh Becky. You are just the BEST!!! I'm so happy to see you blogging girl!!! Looking forward to all of your awesome posts!!! :)

Love ya,
Krystle (and Adam)