Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love Story, Chapter Three

Here we go again! I think I was avoiding writing this post because this is the part of the story where my memory gets a little fuzzy - there were so many little things that happened that were important, but I will try to limit it to the most significant things.

I remember after Horn Creek, I settled in to the new environment of learning and constant fellowship. FFI is like heaven on earth - imagine, waking up in the morning, hanging out with your awesome roommates as you frantically get ready for class, spending all morning learning life changing truth, and in the afternoon either a) spending time in the beautiful outdoors with your friends, or b) working in your internship which is specially tailored to your interests. At night, we usually would go to a community dinner with our professors and their families, or hang out in each others apartments and bring whatever food you had.

Over the weekends, we would spend our time catching up on homework as we sat in a cozy coffee shop, or once again, use our time to explore Colorado. One of the first weekends there, I was able to accompany a group of people up to the top of Pike's Peak (we drove :). Lucky for me, I ended up in the passenger's seat right next to Jake in his Blazer. Two of my roomies were in the back seat. We had a great time going up the mountain on the twisty roads, laughing, telling stories, and sharing our dreams for the future. As we got nearer the summit, Jake's car kept stalling out, which was quite scary because the other car that was following us would zoom around the switch-back and nearly hit us every time - eeek! But obviously, we're okay :) And Jake was so calm through the whole thing. It really impressed me.

Another weekend Jake and I and our friend Teri all went mountain biking together. We had the best time! I was sort of new to mountain biking, and Teri wasn't super confident, but Jake was SO patient with us. He did not try to show-off whatsoever and made it his aim to make sure Teri and I had an awesome time. He was so servant-hearted. But honestly, while we were there, I wasn't thinking about all of this. I was just having the time of my life and enjoying being with awesome people. My heart was still not really considering the option of anything happening between Jake and I, but I knew that I had found an awesome guy friend - a brother in Christ with the same mind. I do remember feeling like I could just be myself around him in a way that I couldn't with other guys.

1 comment:

Ashley Baker said...

I'm enjoying your blog. I Can't wait to read more of your story!