Thursday, January 22, 2009

Soli Deo Gloria - to God be the all the Glory!

My and my roomies!  L-R: Ashley, me, Sarah, and Callie
A big ol' group of "Focusers" - as I like to call them :)
I love this!  Garden of the Gods at Twilight


Me and my roomie Callie being goofy in our arctic hats - we were in Hobby Lobby lol :)


There are MANY more pictures already, but for some reason, blogger takes forever to upload pics.  Anyway, just thought I would give a sample!  

Oh I just have to tell one funny story.  Actually two.  I just want to say - I am making such a smashing impression here at Focus on the Family Institute :) (said in a sarcastic tone!).  First, we have these security badges that we have to wear at all times when we are in the Focus headquarters (where our classes are) so that they know we are not intruders.  Of course, first day of orientation comes, me and my roomies go rushing off to class, and guess what?!  I forgot my badge.  Ryan, one of the staff guys, was kind enough to let me through without my badge.  We had walked to class, so there was no "rushing back to the apartment" to get it.  Well - here's the icing.  All 76  students are gathered in the classroom, all excited to learn and glean, and then they made all the students who forgot their badge raise their hand!  So you guessed it - yours truly, along with ONE other student raised her hand.  hehe - oh well.  I sure didn't forget my badge today!

Then today - ok, I just have to say, this is classic and will go down in the annals of Becky Embarrassing Moments - but to me it is so funny!  Me and my friend Dani at Bryan have this weird tradition of applying Vanilla Bean Noel hand lotion in the middle of class, I guess it's like a little board habit.  So in the middle of our security briefing today, I'm sitting in class hearing about the robbery rate in Colorado Springs, and so out comes the Vanilla Bean.  

SPLUUUCHAT!!!! 

(that's an exploding lotion sound).  Yes.  My lotion exploded.  And it's effects were far-reaching.  I ended up with a HUGE pile of lotion in my hand, it got all over my sweater, purse, the floor, just...everywhere.  According to the girl next to me, I muttered, "that did not just happen."  I was SO mortified!  The two girls next to me got attacked by the giggles and just couldn't stop, I'm trying to recover my rubbing lotion on my arms, hands, anywhere there is exposed skin.  Trying desperately NOT to draw attention to myself or distract from what the nice security lady is saying.  

And the fragrance of Vanilla Bean Noel wafted through the classroom for all 76 students to enjoy.

Like I said...smashing impression!


2 comments:

The Porter Family said...

Those are GREAT stories Becky!!! We can never take ourselves TOO seriously!! ha ha :) I am sooooo excited for you, and will be praying for you during your amazing time there!

Anonymous said...

Beckster! I literally laughed out loud when I read your stories! I'm so glad that you already have so much to laugh about. And from the looks of it, your roommates are going to be a lot of fun to laugh with, too. I miss you, Becky, but I'm so glad see that you are already thriving there. I look forward to your next post.
- Aah! Woody! :D